Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Was the Wehrmacht Stationed in Berlin

Discussion in 'Information Requests' started by MinorityShack, Jun 19, 2019.

1. MinorityShack

MinorityShack New Member

Good day,

I was wondering was there any Wehrmacht(Heer, Luftwaffe, etc.) stationed in berlin at all? I mean just any presence, im in a community which thinks only SS(Allgemeine, Gestapo, etc.) were in berlin around 1942-1943. If you could point out a source, that would be wonderful and if you have any information on what happened to the Reserve Army after the 20 July plot.

If you have any extra information on what it was, where or why they were, just really anything on this subject. Books, Websites and Papers are fine.

Thanks, have a fine day.

2. harolds

harolds Member

Pretty sure LW anti-aircraft units were there. In the winter of '43 I strongly suspect the LW night fighters (wilde sau) would have been at Templehof.

MinorityShack likes this.
  3. MinorityShack

MinorityShack New Member

Do you know if the reserve(replacement) army of the Heer was stationed near, at the outskirts or in the city?

4. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

You might want to post your query at feldgrau.net. They have a large forum and you might get some answers there.

5. RichTO90

RichTO90 Well-Known Member

Well, aside from Berlin being the headquarters of the Wehrmacht in Zossen, it was also the headquarters of the Ersatzheer in Bendlerstrasse, Luftgau-Kommando III, various Divisions-Nummer (headquarters administering induction and basic training of troops for the Heer) were also headquartered there. Then there were the numerous Flak units as well as the Wach-Bataillon Berlin, which was an element of GrossDeutschland.

gtblackwell likes this.