Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Welcome to the NEW World War II Forums!

Discussion in 'WWII Forums News' started by Otto, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

If you are reading this you probably know that the World War II Forums have switched domains and servers. I'm glad you've found your way to the new website, and I hope you enjoy the new features available tot you. If you are one of the new members, them welcome aboard! :salute:

I've had a lot of questions about what exactly happened to your data during the import, so I'll cover as many of those issues here in hopes that I can alleviate any confusion. First of all, I'm happy to announce that we (Peppy and I), were able to import every single post from the old ww2forums, as well as every member profile, password, all personal information, et cetera. Unfortunately, we were unable to import your old Private Messages to the new system.
    To remedy this we have made the old ww2forums.com site available to you. The site is completely locked down, so there can be no new posts or new registrations, but you can still log in and access your PMs. We will keep the old site up until around June, after which the site will be completely deleted, and all traffic will be routed directly here. If you haven't looked into and dealt with your PM's by then, then there is nothing we can do for you.

You might notice that your post count has dropped after the move. This is because over the 7 years on the old server, some of the threads were deleted or archived, and while you would have gotten credit for the initial post, the import software only counted exisiting posts in your total. If you'd like me to correct your post count number, contact either myself or Peppy (see below) with the total count on the old ww2forums.com site, and will add this to the total posts you have made since the move to ww2f.com, which is your true post count.

As far as the layout goes, I know it's very hard on the eyes. But rest assured it's only temporary. Peppy is hard at work coming up with a nice clean layout that will look even better than the old layout.

It you have ANY questions, comments, ideas or login issues please feel free to contact Otto :otto: (otto@ww2n.com) or Peppy :peppy: (HitlerStalin@ww2n.com) for assistance.

I'll "see" you on the Forums! :D

2. Peppy

Peppy Idi Admin

Yes we are working quite hard here and things have gone as well as was expected. The most important thing after all was ensuring we got the data imported here, which happily we did. The graphics and other stuff can be worked out later, but the new site works great!

A couple additions to Otto's statement:

Concerning the avatars, smilies, signatures, profile images, user ranks and the like. Unfortunately they all got squashed in the move, but fortunately we have the graphics all backed up and we will slowly insert these features back into the new Forums. Just be a little patient, I'll have all your special avatars and decorations back in your profile soon.

Concerning the layout. Yes I agree with you, it is ugly! I'm currently working on a nice theme that is a lot more in line with our former theme.

And lastly, I'm working on a little project called Front 64. I'm not going to tell you what it is yet, but I can say it is a large graphica initiative here on the WWII Network. You might have already seen some of the new Front 64 details appear in the Smilies section.

Peppy >>> heading onward and upward!

Trouble and Otto like this.
  3. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Bringing this thread full circle, ww2forums.com is going down in a day or so. All traffic going there will automatically be redirected here to ww2f.com.