Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

What are your other hobbies/

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by bigfun, Apr 15, 2008.

1. GRW

GRW Pillboxologist WW2|ORG Editor

Hmm...archaeology, astronomy, hillwalking, collecting British wartime Home Front publications (official ones), looking after/riding our horses.
    Here's me doing my John Wayne bit.

Attached Files:

2. Shangas

Shangas Member

The Commonwealth's food. Fish and chips. Love it. I haven't had it in a while. Must go and buy some next week. One of the few foods that was not rationed by the Brits in WWII. Thank God for that. If fish & chips went on the coupons I think there would be a nationwide rebellion.

3. Richard

Richard Expert

Downfall of Churchill over fish & chips, shocking. :eek:

Good job it never happen, enjoy yours next week. :)

4. mikebatzel

mikebatzel Dreadnaught

Hmm, other hobbies. Well, I like to play golf. I'm no Tiger Woods but I like to get out at least 3 times a week. I also try to play some paintball at least once a month.

5. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

I used to play, started playing in 1989, when the weapons were pumps and single shots. Most guns then were custom made, but last one I bought was a Tippman semiauto. Still have it. I quit about 10 years ago, when my first child was born.-didn't have the time anymore.

6. Joe

Joe Ace

I go at least once a year-getting quite good at it too. :)

Though what really annoys me is the people who are new to the game, let you do all the work (and let you take the paintball for them), or the kids that do it and cry when they get shot.

Or when you get hit in a sensitive area...ouch...

7. mikebatzel

mikebatzel Dreadnaught

I like the Tippmans. I got the 98 custom then pimped the crap out of it. They are reliable, acurate, and easy to clean.

8. bigfun

bigfun Ace

mikebatzel, I too love to Golf, I'm not that great either, but i really enjoy it! Unfortunately with my current job, I'm very busy during the prime golf season! I'm hapy to get out 3 times a year!

9. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

I collect first ( and other ;) ) editions ( T E Lawrence, Robert Graves, etc etc ), I enjoy the cinema, walking in the country....

But, and I know it's sad :( , this photo perfectly captures a moment of total happiness for me ......

[​IMG]

10. jagdpanther44

jagdpanther44 Battlefield wanderer

Martin, Given the chance, i'll bet most of our forum members would give their back teeth to go searching for relics in a Normandy field.

I personally find it theraputic, there's nothing better than strolling along a track or field on a warm day with birds singing all around...;)

Oh... and the thought that you may pull a complete MP40 or Panzerfaust from the ground is also another attraction...:)

11. montana a-10

montana a-10 Member

Other than military history my hobbies are reading, attempt at writing pomes every so often ,
    Splitting fire wood, target shooting with my Winchester model 94 - .32 WIN. SPL. And many other rifles and shotguns , camping , swimming , working for a local farmer

12. macrusk

macrusk Proud Daughter of a Canadian WWII Veteran

Hmm, lets see the forum has definitely become a hobby!

I write, draw and paint and when possible other forms of art, genealogy research, general researcn on topics from gardening and history to parapsychology and sociology - easily distracted because I'm interested in too many things! I garden once real spring comes after May 24 - thought spring was here but we're getting 50 cm (nearly 2ft) of snow between tomorrow and next Tuesday - a long time since I've seen snow this late. When I garden I become passionate about roses, herbs, and trees. Have nearly 80 trees, shrubs, and rose bushes.

Travel - we're heading to Australia at the end of August. Family, Friends, and pets (more of an interest and reason for everything). Collecting coins, stamps, antiques, etc but I think I mentioned it on another thread about what do you collect. Being involved in heritage organizations. Also getting into photography mostly flowers, animals, scenic from travel, and starting to do candid snaps of people while traveling that I think would be interesting drawings/paintings. Primary though is the art, writing, travel, and garden. I've attached a couple of the art, includes some in my studio area downstairs and two in progress, one being of my mother, age 21. When I finish it will be part of my book about them. I'll add some of my garden later.

Attached Files:

13. JCFalkenbergIII

JCFalkenbergIII Expert

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One of my hobbies :).

14. Stefan

Stefan Cavalry Rupert

15. bigfun

bigfun Ace

JCF I don't see the pics.
    Stefan, I'm confused, your hobby is watching redneck humor videos!? That was prety funny!

16. Za Rodinu

Za Rodinu Aquila non capit muscas

Oooooh, you found a fossil cowpat!

17. mikebatzel

mikebatzel Dreadnaught

:panic:Three times a year! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I used to have that problem but I finally told my boss that there are two days a week not to expect me to work more than 10 hrs. those are my golf days and I don't care if the building is on fire, I'm leaving lol. As long as I dont hit my :golfball: into the :tree: i'm happy

18. bigfun

bigfun Ace

It's all about priorites isn't it! Think I may have to try that one on my boss!

19. JCFalkenbergIII

JCFalkenbergIII Expert

Dang it Ill have ti do it this way.

Attached Files:

20. Stefan

Stefan Cavalry Rupert

Just posted it for JCF, thought he might find the slant on re-enacting amusing. Made me giggle anyhow. It will make sense when you see the pics.