Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

WW2 Glass negative help

Discussion in 'WWII Forums News' started by Chriseminara, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Chriseminara

Chriseminara New Member

Hi, I joined this forum hoping to receive some help on what I believe to be an amazing find a friend of mine made many years ago. Long story short he came across a small box that was full of glass negatives, roughly 18 or so in total. They are of the holocaust, maybe the liberation of one, and one of two solider's in front of what looks like a downed German plane. He is looking to sell them but he does not know where to start. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks....

2. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Check with your local museums or historical societies for suggestions. Appraisers usually expect some compensation, that you can work out with them.

Chriseminara likes this.
  3. Chriseminara

Chriseminara New Member

Thank you for your reply. We have reached out to local museums in NYC and DC but they have not responded to our emails, which I found odd. We will try historical societies next but I am sure my buddy is open to compensating an appraiser for their work. Your comments are very much appreciated.

4. OpanaPointer

The large museums get loads of requests for appraisals, they probably have a back load of requests. Your local people can advise you as to what appraisers are legit. Code word there is "accurate".

Chriseminara likes this.
  5. Chriseminara

Chriseminara New Member

Finding a local legit appraiser has been a challenge. My buddy is in Hudson Valley NY and I'm in the NYC area. If there is someone out there that can recommend someone in either of those areas it would be much appreciated. Thank you again for your input OpanaPointer.

6. OpanaPointer

You can vet appraisers through your local Better Business Bureau. They will have records of complains, etc.

7. Chriseminara

Chriseminara New Member

Ok that makes sense. Thanks.