Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

WWII Dies After An Assault in His Own Home.

Discussion in 'WWII Obituaries' started by Slipdigit, Aug 16, 2011.

1. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

"On Killing" - LtCol Dave Grossman - has studied this and can tell you exactly what causes it and where we are going with it... In short, we are desensitising youth to violence and even "training" them to kill...and do it without a thought. We reap what we sow.

Colonel FOG likes this.
  2. RD3

RD3 Member

Totally right. But what people see on TV en all the other bad things that happens in society may no be used as an excuse for the actions of any criminal, regardless his age. Everything starts with education, and that is first and foremost the job of the parents. Bringing up kids that understand and recognize respect and moral is something that is fading away for more than 30 years. It is sad to say that, thanks to prosperity, more than 5 generations didn't had any major setbacks. This is a good thing, this is what our vetarans have fought for, but it did bring flattening in culture and understanding what society really is. I don't say that old times must come back, but this is more than politics can solve. This is a job for everyone of us and it will not be easy.

Colonel FOG likes this.
  3. 36thID

36thID Member

Yes, we are reaping what we have sown....

Absent or stubstance abusing Parents
    3rd and 4th generation entitlement families
    The lack of political integrity
    Vile and violent music and movies
    The Gurerilla Marketing by companies to sell junk or disposable products
    etc, etc, etc.......

4. 693FA

693FA Member

WELL Said Colonel!!!!! unfortunately lets just go back to the good ole days.....get a rope!

5. Colonel FOG

Colonel FOG Member

IMHO: It's hard to deter such widespread disregard for others by simply lynching the perpetrators. I'd rather they be left to walk around awhile (perhaps with some form of restraint), telling the story of their own long-term suffering, developing a sense of humbleness and respect for others. This is much like hacking off the hand of a thief; such action can send a message to the criminal himself, as well as to whomever they encounter... But... that's just my feelings on the matter.

I once met a guy who shot himself in the head, yet he survived it. As a result, he carried a very good message to others... and one they would actually listen to.

That which doesn't kill us makes us stronger, and possibly more useful to society as a whole.

Death (or imprisonment, with all the comforts of home) seems to have become much less frightful to many. Whereas, a life of long-suffering and public humiliation might still scare the piss out of them.

6. 693FA

693FA Member

While I agree with many of the things said here and with your last sentence Colonel....public humiliation and the like just wont be happening since to many, looking like an idiot seems to be the norm just look at some of the junk put on you tube or TV in general...life long suffering... doesn't happen in prison that's for sure! They just go there and get free healthcare, college degrees and file B.S. lawsuits! Unfortunately IMHO not until a large segment of society finally decides to take responsibility for their own actions as well as not tolerating half the junk discussed so far will we ever see much of a change! Guess that was what my comment was trying to make light of somewhat jokingly...lynch mobs no...but when society has had enough of the mob or mopes then things might change!
    Regards
    Clint

Colonel FOG likes this.
  7. luketdrifter

luketdrifter Ace

I guess I'm a touch on the old school...or politically incorrect side of things when it comes to murder. We want to stop spending so much money on prisons? Want to ease the load on the CJS? Take the convicted murderers...all of them with more than 1 failed appeal....and rent out a stadium....which one has the most seats....is it still The Big House? Anyways....rent it...and throw them a big concert....bands, carnival, whatever....but make the bleachers electric. At the end, throw the switch. Show it live, on TV, no pay-per-view. Make it must see viewing for all high school seniors. Do it once a year. Get rid of human waste, deter future criminals, and give the rest of us something to watch.

USS Washington likes this.
  8. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Many movies made dealing with future crime...From the low-tech "escape from LA" approach...to the Minority report...i think freezing these people...suspended animation...except they age...if given a 20 year sentence, they are "revivied-re-animated" every five years to undertake a full years course in something that will benefit them and society. Thats four years intensive training in "their" mind, not a twenty year stay...Their lives are still wasted in the freeze chamber as they age, but they do not get the "prison education" that they get now...no drug problems....no violence...just an accelerated life (to them)...They come out twenty years later "trained" and eager to live whats left of their lives...thousands of chambers could fit into an existing prisons footprint. They are also taken off the streets, protecting citizens...this is a way of acheiving justice without the restrictive costs associated...

9. Colonel FOG

Colonel FOG Member

CAC - We don't have the technology to enable implementation of your idea. However, I suggest that we could take a few Lifers, use them as lab rats, and keep trying until we figure it out...

10. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

What we cant do is successfully freeze people...the ice crystals destroy every cell...so true freezing is out...but a form of induced "coma" would have the same result...We DO have the technology already to implement my idea...New technologies are being worked on as i type that could "replicate" many ideas muted in Sci Fi movies of the past...as this tech gets recognised, these questions as to their use will arise...and the mighty dollar will speak!