Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Your relatives in WW2

Discussion in 'World War 2' started by Canadian_Super_Patriot, Aug 30, 2005.

1. Canadian_Super_Patriot

Canadian_Super_Patriot recruit

via TanksinWW2
    This is my grandfather , im not sure exactly what his job in a tank was , nor what tanks he used,or even his rank , he died in 1984 before I was born , and my mother isn't quite sure about this stuff either , possibly because he didn't like to talk about it.

He joined up in 1939 when he was 17, I'm not sure what unit he was in , possibly a local unit (there was a local armoured unit) he served in France, Britian , Germany , The Netherlands , Germany , Italy , and possibly Belgium , unfortunely when he went back home he went to work in the local Sydney Mines Coal Mines and died of an apparent heart attack in 1984 , possibly due to miners lung , an ailment which is caused by inhaling coal ash over a long period of time.

Can anyone list canadian armour units from WW2 ? , He lived in Cape Breton , Nova Scotia , there was an armoured unit that was stituated in that area, if so can anyone give the name of the armoured unit near there(cape Breton, Nova Scotia) , if so can you inform me , this is very important to me and my family, and if so can you list what tanks they used and what actions they took part in ?

Do units have list of people that served in them during WW2 ? , sorry if I asked to many questions.

This is just a thing I absolutely have to know.

Post info and pics of your relatives in WW2.

2. misterkingtiger

misterkingtiger New Member

via TanksinWW2
    The only Canadian armored unit that I can think of was the 2nd Canadian Armored Brigade that served in D-Day, the capture of Antwerp and the clearing of the Scheldte Estuary. I can relate to that. My grandfather was a field medic in World War Two who occasionally took weapons from dead Americans and killed Germans. He died of a heart attack a few years ago.