Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

You're all going love this I'm sure..Groan!

Discussion in 'Information Requests' started by sdkfz251, Sep 28, 2012.

1. sdkfz251

sdkfz251 Member

Hi,
    I'm extremely keen to build a model in 1/72 of the Enzian launch ramp..I have (I think) done pretty well on the launch rail so far..although a few details elude me at the present time. The main area I wish to detail as far as possible is the base. I know from certain sources the base was actually a modified 88mm gun support,but how modified is the question. I know of the Planet model version being available,but I note it only has a standard 88mm support section above the cruciform base..In all the pictures I have seen(and there are to my knowledge very few of any good quality) the ramp support looks rather different to the 88mm version. Has anyone got or know of anywhere I can get detailed pictures or plans of the Enzian rocket ramp,support and cruciform base?
    Also has anyone got any clear detailed pictures of the Rheintochter launch ramp and base..I'm under the understanding that the ramp and support were from another version of the 88mm flak family and also was modified..once again how much though? I have built the ramp as far as I can from researching the original Flak 41/88mm to try and recreate the equipment,but once again detailed plans and photos are very hard to find..if anyone could guide me to any information I would be very grateful.I doubt my attempts so far are very much as they should be sadly. For instance how was the Flak 41/88mm raised..was it hydraulically with pistons like the normal 88mm guns? These are maybe pedantic details,but I would like to do these rockets and launch equipment as well as I can.
    I have already built a 1/72 model of the Natter launch tower..thankfully enough details can be found to make a pretty authentic looking replica.
    If I can help anyone else with any details I will be only to happy to.

Thank you..Steve in the USA

2. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Cool idea mate!

3. Billymac

Billymac Member

4. George Patton

George Patton Canadian Refugee