Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Zitadelle-Katuzov by Daniel

Discussion in 'Unity of Command' started by JeffinMNUSA, Jan 26, 2014.

1. JeffinMNUSA

JeffinMNUSA Member

Off the User generated scenarios and the designer claims this game is indeed winnable. My first try when my NOrthern Front collapsed on Round 3 and well....OKW will not be happy! Will have to try it again sometime the next time I feel like tackling one real tricky bastid of a game!

Attached Files:

2. belasar

belasar Court Jester

Well, we would send you to the Russian Front for that debacle, but then again you are already there. I guess we'll have to make you listen to one of Fuhrer's longer speeches! :)

3. JeffinMNUSA

JeffinMNUSA Member

Maybe the most white knuckler of a game ever!
    Mandrake48 wrote:
    Great work with this Daniel, it's a brilliant scenario. Really ingenious work with objectives and supply to ensure the Soviets attack the Orel salient in force.

In my first playthrough the Soviets smashed through my lines not only on the north side of the Orel salient, but on the south too! My northern pincer was almost encircled and only some pretty desperate counter-attacking by the battered remnants of my infantry and the arrival of two panzer divisions from the Kursk attack prevented a total collapse and restored supplies to the remaining panzers to the east.

As for the attack on Kursk, I managed to complete the encirclement on turn five, but it was touch and go. I couldn't have done it with a single division less - early Soviet counter-attacks destroyed several important formations. Even the situation south of the Kursk salient was a bit sketchy, because it's a helluva thin grey line you've got down there, and the temptation was to chuck into the Kursk cauldron whatever I could possibly spare.

So yeah, a great challenge and some really impressive work getting the AI to behave so aggressively. Nice one! [​IMG]

Later... 2nd try on this rodeo bull of a game and ripped to shreds again! This is that updated version on the site and it includes some police troops to chase the partisans exploding in the rear, but this one is just as wicked as the 1st as far that enraged bear coming at you from the North. I do have a few ideas about how to survive the onslaught; Win? HAH! That is for the UoC wizards...I'd just like to survive 6 rounds!

Attached Files: