Saint James Cemetery
Saint-James cemetery was temporary in 1944, and became a War cemetery in 1949. 4 410 American soldiers are buried there. The steles are made of white marble, on a wall one can read the names of 498 missing soldiers. The memorial is built on the model of a romanesque chapel, from the bell-tower one can look at the Mont-Saint-Michel.
Thread Display Options